Are you living with stiff or tight muscles? If so, you have what is called myofascial pain caused by muscular irritation, and the myofascial release treatments at PhysioWorks may benefit you.
If your stiff or tight muscles are limiting your daily life, don’t hesitate to request an appointment. One of our Kent, WA physical therapists would be happy to meet with you and discuss how myofascial release can benefit you!
How will myofascial release help me?
Myofascial release is a type of physical therapy treatment in the form of massage that helps alleviate pain by relieving tension within the affected muscles. Our Kent, WA physical therapists are highly trained in the method of myofascial release, with an extensive understanding of what specific pressure points to focus on, in order to bring your fascia back to its elastic form.
What conditions do myofascial release treat?
When muscles become constricted or tight, it can significantly impact your mobility. This can cause pain and limitations with movement. Fortunately, myofascial release works to reverse this by loosening up the constricted muscles, thus allowing for easier, pain-free movement.
There are several conditions that can be treated with myofascial release. Some of the most common include:
- Myofascial pain syndrome. This is the most commonly treated condition through myofascial release, and it can affect many of your muscles. The “trigger points” for your myofascial pain are determined and then massaged out.
- Injury. Injuries can also cause muscle stiffness. The affected area will be massaged to loosen up the muscles and allow for a quicker healing process.
- Chronic headaches/migraines. Myofascial release has also been known to relieve the pain of chronic headaches and migraines by massaging the tightened muscles around the head and neck.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome can benefit from myofascial release by having the muscles in their hands, wrists, and/or arms massaged, in order to improve function and mobility.
- Fibromyalgia. This condition can also cause stiffness in multiple muscles. The affected areas will be determined and then massaged.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder. The muscles around the jaw are massaged through myofascial release in many patients with the temporomandibular joint disorder. This decreases pain and inflammation, as well as increases mobility of the jaw.
- Venous insufficiency. Myofascial release can help reduce the amount of blood pooled in the veins and allow for more efficient blood flow, decreasing the pain felt in the veins.
If you have been diagnosed with one of the conditions listed above, or another condition that you think could benefit from myofascial release, contact our Kent, WA physical therapy office today.
Implement myofascial release into your treatment plan today!
At PhysioWorks, we are dedicated to providing the best quality treatment for your individual needs. Don’t let stiff, tight, or constricted muscles limit your life any longer! Request an appointment at our Kent, WA physical therapy practice today for relief.